1. Hi, we’re My Audio Marketplace. We’ve met before over at Market Terms. It’s good to meet you again and we’re really happy you’re keen on becoming an author with us.
2. Imagine creating what you want, when you want, from the comfort of your own home, making passive income whether you’re working or not. Some of our authors sell sound kits and beats in their free time as a hobby, some do it to get their name out there, and some are able to make it their full time profession.
3. Becoming an author is easy and if you’ve reached this point then you’re already a member and you’ve accepted our Market Terms. These additional terms for authors (‘Author Terms’) are an extra part of the My Audio Marketplace Terms that apply specifically to authors on the My Audio Marketplace. You’ll need to
agree to them before you can become an author. These govern the relationships, rights and obligations of authors to us and buyers using My Audio Marketplace. You agree to put your items on My Audio Marketplace and make them available to buyers on the basis stated in the My Audio Marketplace Terms and these Author Terms.
4. When we say ‘you’ in these Author Terms we are referring to you, the author. All other words defined or explained in the My Audio Marketplace Terms have the same meaning here. If there’s any inconsistency between what we say in these Author Terms and what is in the My Audio Marketplace Terms, what we say in these Author Terms prevails.
5. Read on for details about your author responsibilities, the process of selling your items on the My Audio Marketplace and how you can earn money with us.
Becoming an author
6. Becoming an author is free: Becoming an author and putting your items up on the My Audio Marketplace is free but there is a review process before your items go live. There are a few things you promise in exchange for the right to be an author, which are outlined in these Author Terms.
7. Process to become an author: There are easy steps you follow to sign up as an author, which are outlined on the My Audio Marketplace Become an Author. You’ll also find information about payment, submission requirements and other important information about being an author on our Author Guide page.
How selling your items works
8. The list price is the price you see on an item page on My Audio Marketplace and is made up of two components:
- Item price (License): When you ‘sell’ an item, you’re making your item available to buyers to use that item under certain conditions; you’re not actually selling the item itself. What you’re selling includes a license directly to the buyer to use that item under the various types of license terms that we set that are applicable to your items.
For the different types of licenses and detail about what rights you are licensing to buyers see our licensing page. Take a moment to understand how your work will be licensed to buyers!
- Buyer services fee: The item price a buyer pays also includes a fee for the buyer services they get from My Audio Marketplace like 24/7 buyer support, fraud protection, item quality control and
other related buyers services.
9. Exclusivity: When you become an author, you can choose to make your items available exclusively on the My Audio Marketplace or have the option of selling your items elsewhere.
10. Your earnings; author fee: When your item is sold on My Audio Marketplace, you will earn the item price component of the list price less an author fee that we charge. The author fee is what you are charged by My Audio Marketplace for use of our platform and services as an author. Any changes to these rates will take effect on and from the date on which notice of the variation is posted by us on My Audio Marketplace.
11. We set the prices of items: We know how valuable your creations are to you and so we endeavor to make the price of your items fair and in line with the going market rate. Even so, you acknowledge and agree that we have absolute control over the prices for My Audio Marketplace items.
12. Review: When you think you’ve created an item suitable for the My Audio Marketplace, you will submit that item to us to check the quality and whether it contains adequate information for buyers. We have rules about what we accept and don’t accept and you can read up on these in our author-related My Audio Marketplace information. Although we always like to provide constructive feedback we’re not obliged to give you any reasons for rejecting your item. We have the final say on whether items are accepted for the My Audio Marketplace.
How do payments of earnings work
important information about payments to your account, and withdrawals and deductions from your account. Take a close look!
13. We will pay you the item price component of the total price less the author fee (‘your earnings’ or ‘earnings’). In order for us to do this, you authorise us to collect payments for your
items, to credit your My Audio Marketplace account with your earnings, and to distribute your earnings to you.
14. To avoid any confusion, only your earnings from the sale of your items (and referral income under our separate Affiliate Program) will be payable to you. My Audio Marketplace credits that were converted from monies you deposit as a buyer are not able to be withdrawn or refunded.
15. Thresholds: We’ll make payments of your earnings on the 1st and the 15th of every month as there are no thresholds.
16. Earnings payment timing and methods:
- When we get a request for payment, we’ll pay you at the next
payment cycle as stated on our Threshold section.
- We reserve the right to pay your earnings to you, at any time, at
- You may bear some or all expenses incurred by us in paying
monies to you.
17. Potential deductions:
- Payment methods available for buyers to buy your items involve
payment agents that have their own standard terms and conditions
regarding refunds, chargebacks, fees and unauthorised
transactions (which we don’t control). If an My Audio Marketplace
transaction on an item is subject to payment agents’ refunds,
chargeback, fees and unauthorised transactions, we may
automatically deduct those amounts from your My Audio Marketplace
- We may also decide to issue a credit or refund to a buyer in
certain circumstances involving issues with your item, or
transactions may be reversed for other reasons. If that happens,
we reserve the right to deduct from your My Audio Marketplace account
any amount that would otherwise be payable to you.
18. Payment errors: We will continue to hold your earnings if we’re not able to pay your earnings to you for whatever reason, including if:
- we do not have the correct payment details;
- we can’t contact you using the contact details that you have
- you are asking for payment to be made to a person, an
institution or a country that we’re legally prohibited from making
payments to, or where there are limitations in the banking systems.
19. Currency conversions: Whenever we make a payment to you as an author, you are responsible for all costs of converting the amount of the payment from US dollars into your preferred currency. Your financial institution does the currency conversion and may charge you additional fees (we don’t control either the conversion rates or your financial institution’s fees).
20. Holding earnings: If we decide that an item of yours does not comply with an applicable law or any of our rules or guidelines, including the My Audio Marketplace Terms and these Author Terms, we can at our discretion disable the item or your membership. We may also hold any earnings on that item for up to two years, and may release those held earnings during that period if we are satisfied that any dispute or issue about your item has been resolved.
21. Buying items: If you buy an item from the My Audio Marketplace and can’t cover the cost from your My Audio Marketplace credits, we’ll make up any difference out of any author earnings you have in your My Audio Marketplace account.
- As an author on My Audio Marketplace, you are responsible for paying any taxes that apply to you for any payouts you receive from My Audio Marketplace.
- If required by law, we may deduct or withhold
- taxes (including withholding tax) in connection with your being an author.
If so, we will give you relevant documentation that’s required by law about
the deduction or withholding (like documentation allowing you to access rebates
or credits, or to manage your tax affairs).
- We may collect geographical location information to determine your location, and other information from you that may be used for tax purposes (so the information you give us must be accurate).
23. Invoices: We will issue invoices (or in some cases tax invoices) for transactions between authors and buyers on My Audio Marketplace.
Your promises and responsibilities:
24. As an author you promise to us and each buyer of your items that:
- you own or have rights to use the intellectual property rights in
that item and that item does not infringe the intellectual property
rights of a third party;
- the item is not false, inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent, unlawful
- the item does not violate any applicable law or regulation
(including those governing export control, consumer protection,
unfair competition, criminal law, pornography, anti-discrimination,
trade practices or fair trading);
- the item does not contain viruses or other computer codes, files or
programs which are designed to limit or destroy the functionality of
other computer software or hardware.
25. As an author you promise to us that you will:
- not use My Audio Marketplace to offer non-My Audio Marketplace goods or services to buyers;
- not buy your own items;
- follow any author guidelines provided by us, act in good faith, and provide assistance and co-operation as we reasonably request.
26. Buyers’ use of your item: We are not liable for any loss suffered by you as a result of a buyer making use of your item contrary to the My Audio Marketplace Terms or the item’s license.
27. Other authors and affiliates’ use of your item: An My Audio Marketplace affiliate can use your item thumbnail previews in their promotion of the My Audio Marketplace and no compensation is due for these uses. A fellow author may also use a watermarked preview of your
item in a preview of their own My Audio Marketplace item without requiring your permission and without compensating you. The other author must credit you by providing a link to your item on the My Audio Marketplace.
28. Our use of your item: We may use the whole or part of your items to promote the My Audio Marketplace. This promotional use may include use in public relations, emails, on a features page, or on other sites (e.g. social networks). No compensation is payable for these uses.
29. Item removal: We have the right to remove an item for any reason, using our reasonable discretion. For example, we may review the libraries to keep the My Audio Marketplace fresh and full of quality items that meet the latest technical standards and market trends. Also, issues about an item might be brought to our attention such as errors, representations, or even violations. Our goal is always to address these situations with you constructively. We also aim to give you notice before an item is removed, but this is not always feasible or possible, so we
can’t guarantee this. We will not be responsible for any loss that you may suffer as a result of your item being removed.
Personal information of members
30. In order to facilitate a transaction on My Audio Marketplace, we may provide you with relevant buyer information and also may provide buyers with your relevant information (for example for invoicing or item support services). You agree that you will keep buyer information confidential and only use this information for that My Audio Marketplace Market transaction.
31. If, over and above what My Audio Marketplace provides you with, a member voluntarily provides you with (or your item accesses or uses) usernames, passwords or other personal information of the member (personal information), you must:
- provide a privacy notice, making the member
aware of their personal information that you will receive and how you
will handle that information;
- obtain the member’s permission to use their
- use the personal information only for the limited
purposes for which the member gave permission; and
- meet any privacy and spam law requirements that
apply to you.
Special deals and promotions
32. Sometimes we might negotiate volume sales or other arrangements with buyers as part of creating business development opportunities for authors (special deals). In order for us to make
this possible you give us permission to negotiate special deals. We might also offer pricing promotions to My Audio Marketplace buyers. Generally, this will be covered by our setting of prices (see section 11 – We set the prices of items). In some cases, if pricing promotions
involve a change in the author fee or licensing terms, then it is a special promotion and the following sections are relevant.
33. Given the nature of special deals, the prices of your items under the special deal may vary from the advertised item price. This means that your earnings on the sale of your items in a special deal may not always be determined by reference to the advertised price of your item on the My Audio Marketplace Market. Given the nature of special deals and special promotions, the
author fee may differ for special deals or special promotions.
34. Before your item is included in a special deal or special promotion, we’ll provide you with information about the special deal or special promotion, item pricing and author fee.
35. Special deals and special promotions might also involve you entering supplementary licensing arrangements to allow the buyer to use your item in particular ways. If these supplementary licenses are substantially different from the standard My Audio Marketplace licenses, you will also have the opportunity to opt out of participating in the special deal or special promotion within the time frame we set out when we make the offer to you.
36. Relationship between us and you: Nothing in these terms is to be construed as constituting a partnership, joint venture, employment or agency relationship between you and us. Neither you nor us can bind each other in any way. We are, however, your agent only for the limited purposes of your warranties to buyers in section 19 – What authors promise you about items of the My Audio Marketplace Terms and the disclaimer of your liability to buyers in section 49 – Disclaimer.
of the My Audio Marketplace Terms.
a member who makes items available for sale on My Audio Marketplace.
- Author fee:
is what you are charged by My Audio Marketplace for use of our platform and services as an author.
- Buyer services fee:
the fee for the services buyers get from My Audio Marketplace like 24/7 buyer support, fraud protection, item quality control and other related buyers services.
- Item price:
the price a buyer pays for the relevant license for the right to use that item as detailed in
- List price
is the price you see on an item page on My Audio Marketplace and is made up of the item price and buyer services fee.
Go forth and author!
We’re very glad you’ve made it to the end of this important document. You can head over and read the Author Guide which will run through all the practical and operational stuff you’ll need to know.
We wish you all the very best in selling your items on the My Audio Marketplace.
Version 1.0 – Effective date: April 12, 2015.