We take great pride in our community it’s part of what makes My Audio Marketplace such a friendly place. Our site rules focus on transparency and mutual respect. We invite you to participate, give feedback and have your say!
We aim to take a transparent and common sense approach to the general code of conduct on our site and the way that we moderate. Before participating in discussion on our site, please familiarize yourself with the guidelines below. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Help Team or the Community Team.
Please note that the following set of guidelines apply across the site—this means anywhere you can publicly express your opinion, including but not limited to item comments, forums and profiles.
Spam? No thank you!
You must not use the item comments or any contact forms on My Audio Marketplace website for unsolicited advertising of your items or any other conduct that could be considered spamming. Spamming will result in restricted access to the account disablement.
A Note on Self Promotion
We consider the following to be self promotion:
- posting links to your own items anywhere on the site
- giving away free files to the community
- posting links to your beats, preset, VST or social media channels on the item comments section (read more on this below)
Linking to Social Media or Author Profiles: You are permitted to link to your social media and Author channels via your own profile pages. However, please refrain from posting requests for followers via our website or item comments. There may be a dedicated thread for this coming soon, but outside of those specific threads, anything such as an invitation or alternative service associated with your social media links will be considered self promotion and lead to thread disablement.
- Get to know your fellow members and peers! Help out new users with any questions, be active, and share your feedback. Participating and affecting the community in a positive way.
- Please respect your fellow user and staff. We are all part of a community and you are expected to treat all users in a professional and respectful manner.
- If you do come across a copyright issue on or affecting the My Audio Marketplace Market sites, please contact us with all of the details.
- Send any account issues or problems you have to our Help Team. The only way to guarantee they’ll see and resolve your issue is to contact them directly.
Please do NOT:
- Spam. Users will be warned and/or banned, depending on the frequency of their actions.
- Encourage personal attacks, call out another user and/or sabotage a user’s item.
- This includes:
- Linking to items and making disparaging comments about an author or item.
- Using the item comments or ratings system to sabotage or defame an author or item.
- Self promotion is not allowed on the My Audio Marketplace Market website. For examples and clarification, see the section above titled A Note on Self Promotion. In addition, promoting outside services or competitors is not allowed. If you have any doubts about a link that you wish to share, feel free to contact the Community Team and ask. We’re happy to help!
- Discuss or link to offensive topics, such as pornography, violent themes, sexism, racism or other discriminatory subjects, even as a “joke”. Users doing so will receive a warning and further action if needed. Threads of a political or religious nature are not appropriate for My Audio Marketplace Market.
- Post or solicit any kind of racism, flaming, trolling, harassment, discrimination of any kind, or behaviour deemed to be intentionally abusive or inappropriate. Behaviour of this kind will result in an immediate warning, followed by temporary disablement. Further violations can escalate to account freezes and bans.
- Solicit for any kind of material support, donations, aid, etc. While they may be well intentioned, such requests are sure to attract the wrong kind of attention. Due to the high risk of scamming, such post are frowned upon and will be locked and disabled without further notice.
Anti Censorship, Pro Constructive Feedback!
We value the feedback and input we get from the community. Seriously. As long as your posts abide by our rules and guidelines of conduct, we’ll take note and respond where possible to your input or feedback. If you have any issues or something you’d like to discuss privately, please do not hesitate to contact the Help Team. Our Community Team, together with the highly engaged moderators, are here to help, to aid the conversation and to give any input needed. If you have questions about the forums, contact the moderators through their profiles, or the Community Team.
Our Warning and Ban Policy
We will temporarily or permanently ban members from My Audio Marketplace for repeatedly breaching our code of conduct. This includes trolling or consistently disruptive behavior. Bans are usually temporary and are only used when other alternatives have been unsuccessful. To avoid disruption to your Author privileges, please refer to these guidelines and if unsure, follow direction from staff.
If your account has been banned (temporarily or permanently), you will still be able to browse the website, comment on items and access other site services. Please note that should your disruptive behaviour extend to the item comments, your account may be disabled. In the event that your account has restrictions placed on it, Support will contact you at your registered email address with further information.
Our Community Moderators
Our moderators are longtime community members who have volunteered their time to ensure that our website will be wonderful place to be. They are here to give you assistance and make sure that users respect our code of conduct. In return for the help and advice that our moderators give, we ask that you respect them and their role within our community.
Please note: moderators are not part of the official Staff. While they have vast experience as longtime users, they don’t have all of the answers to more intricate questions. Should you find yourself wondering who to ask about a complex issue, please contact the Help Team.
Lastly, we encourage you above all to have fun, get to know your fellow community members and enjoy all that the forums have to offer. It’s a friendly place with plenty of talented people and we’d love to see you participate!